Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants in NJ
Is breast augmentation right for me?
Your breasts are a reflection of your nurturing sexuality and femininity. If you feel less feminine because your breasts are small, irregular in size, not proportional to your body, or depleted after pregnancy, breast augmentation in New Jersey with double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ganchi may be the answer for you.
How can breast implants change my appearance?
The appropriate breast size defines your female curves and body shape in relation to your waist and hips. Dr. Ganchi can balance your breast implants for a more pleasing figure. Your confidence in your looks and sex appeal can change the image you present to the world.
Breast augmentation in NJ can:
- Enhance and enlarge breast contours
- Correct an imbalance in breast size or shape
- Fill in breasts depleted after pregnancy
Can breast augmentation surgery improve my self-esteem?
Some women spend years feeling inadequate due to the size or appearance of their breasts. Lack of confidence in ourselves can have a negative impact on our jobs, relationships, and sexuality. The majority of women who choose to augment their breasts are very satisfied with the results. After enhancement, you may notice you feel less anxiety, depression or shyness with your new figure. Form-fitting clothing, such as swimsuits or items with plunging necklines, will highlight your new curves.
What will be used to augment my breasts?
We use an implant that is a clear silicone shell filled with a saline (salt water) solution or silicone gel. Breast implants come in a large range of shapes and sizes. Based on your body frame, breast shape, and overall expectations, we will consult with you to find the ideal choice for your figure. Dr. Ganchi uses smooth round saline or silicone implants for most women.
How are breast implants placed?
Breast implants are a very common procedure. During our initial consultation, we will discuss the different implant placement techniques and determine the best choice, given your body type. If your breasts are sagging, we may recommend a breast lift along with your implant surgery.
- Placement under the breast tissue (subglandular implants) has breast tissue and skin over the implants. This technique is not favored by Dr. Ganchi.
- Placement beneath the chest wall muscle (submuscular implants) has muscle, breast tissue, and skin over the implants. Dr. Ganchi uses this technique most often in his New Jersey clinic.
Where are the incisions made for breast augmentation?
Incisions can be made in the crease where the breast meets the chest, around the areola (the darker skin surrounding your nipple), or in the armpit. We are careful to discreetly place the incision where scarring will be least noticeable. We should also note that the belly button approach is uncommon but is an alternate insertion site.
What is the surgery like?
The procedure takes 1 to 2 hours to complete. First, you will be sedated and placed under anesthesia so you are asleep during your breast augmentation procedure. We close the incisions with dissolving stitches and place you in a supportive bra for your comfort during the recovery. Generally, breast augmentation surgery is performed on an outpatient basis. You will need to have a close friend or family member drive you to and from the surgery center and care for you for the first 24-48 hours after surgery.
What can I expect after surgery?
- You will have varying degrees of temporary bruising, swelling, and some discomfort.
- We will prescribe medication to help you with any soreness after surgery.
- You will wear a special support bra after surgery.
- You will be up and moving around the day of surgery.
- Depending on your type of employment, you may return to work between 5-10 days after your procedure.
- Stitches will dissolve and do not need to be removed.
- Swelling in your breasts may take a few weeks to disappear.
- We will closely follow your recovery to ensure you are able to resume normal exercising and activities.
Is breastfeeding possible after getting breast implants?
If you have breastfed a baby before breast implants, it is very likely you can do so after surgery. Statistically, small-breasted women have more difficulty breastfeeding, so augmentation rarely changes a woman’s ability to breastfeed.
Are there potential side effects to breast augmentation?
There are some risks associated with breast implants; however, few patients experience problems:
- Leaking implant: the saline (salt water) solution is harmless and will be absorbed by the body and the implant will need to be replaced. An MRI scan is recommended to determine if a silicone implant has leaked.
- Scar tissue: scar build up around the implant can cause encapsulation that can be relieved, as necessary, with surgery. This is more common with silicone implants.
- Numbness: usually temporary, numbness may occur in the breast skin or nipple.
What about mammograms with breast implants?
Depending on your age and health history, continue to have mammograms on a regular basis. Be certain the facility has technicians experienced in performing mammograms on augmented breasts.
- Subglandular implant placement makes mammograms more difficult. In this position, there is a slightly higher risk of forming scar tissue that contracts around the implant. Rippling of the implant is more likely to be visible in the subglandular position.
- Submuscular implant placement allows mammograms to be taken more easily. In this position, you are less likely to form scar tissue around the implant and to have visible surface irregularities.
Imagine a more beautiful you.
Breast augmentation in New Jersey with double board certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Ganchi is only one of the many procedures we offer to revitalize your appearance. Please contact us for other procedures to refresh and renew your natural beauty or check out this list to see what procedures we offer.
Visit our gallery of before and after breast augmentation images.
NOTE: Only a licensed professional with the knowledge and skill required to achieve optimum results should perform breast augmentation surgery. Look for a plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who has completed his/her training at some of the top plastic surgery institutions. Click here to learn more about Dr. Ganchi’s world-class credentials.