NeoGraft FUE hair transplantation is the latest and most effective hair restoration procedure currently available. NeoGraft is a new, automated, hair transplant system which facilitates the harvesting of follicles during a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplantation, dramatically improving the accuracy and speed over previously used manual extraction methods.
Unlike previous hair transplantation procedures, the NeoGraft FUE system is non-surgical and very precise. With the technologically advanced programming of the NeoGraft machine, follicular units can be precisely targeted and removed by the plastic surgeon. With the same high level of precision, these units can then be placed in the exact location and at the previously determined angle to give the most natural appearance.
How Does the NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplantation System Work?
Hair transplantation is a process in which hair is taken from the back of the head, where it’s genetically programmed not to fall out, and put into areas where hair loss has occurred.
The NeoGraft FUE device uses a special technology that is able to quickly and painlessly remove the hair follicles from the back of the head and implant them into balding areas. Determination of where to remove the follicles and where to implant them is programmed and controlled by your plastic surgeon.
The NeoGraft FUE machine uses a controlled pneumatic pressure to slide out the graft smoothly, so there is no pulling or twisting, which can risk damaging the graft. Because the NeoGraft transplant is faster than other out of date methods, the grafts can be re-implanted sooner. The speed of this process keeps the follicles more alive and robust, thereby increasing the success of the grafting process.
A NeoGraft FUE session can last several hours, with the surgeon utilizing the NeoGraft machine to precisely transplant hair follicles from the “donor” areas at the back of the head to the area of balding.
The Basic NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
Here are the basic 4 steps of the NeoGraft FUE hair restoration procedure:
- Donor Hair Removal – The NeoGraft FUE hair transplantation procedure begins with hair being removed from the donor area in the back of your head where hair is genetically programmed to resist falling out due to the effects of testosterone.
- Dissection of the Follicular Units – Each graft is extracted with the same consistency in diameter and length, resulting in a dramatically increased take rate.
- Creation of the Recipient Sites – The hair transplant surgeon creates recipient sites in the proper angle, direction and orientation according to the artistic hair transplant plan he has designed specifically for you.
- Placement of the Hair Graft – The follicular units are then carefully separated by size. Grafts are transplanted into the balding and thinning areas of your scalp. Each graft is meticulously harvested as it naturally occurs and implanted individually to ensure the best results.
After the procedure has been completed, the patient’s head is be thoroughly rinsed and a protective cream is applied to the scalp. The patient is then given instructions about taking care of the grafts.
Most patients return to work within a few days.
The Science Behind NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplantation
Techniques for hair transplantation have changed drastically over the years. The science of hair grafting has been simplified and the procedure made far easier, less painful and more effective for the patient.
Hair follicles are taken from the back of the head where they are genetically programmed to continue to grow. The follicles that hold the transplanted hair are living tissue that grows cyclically. The quicker these are taken from the “donor” site and implanted into the recipient area, the more likely they are to flourish.
Like normal hair growth, transplantation is an ongoing process that requires a commitment of time.
Once the follicles have been placed into the balding area, the newly grafted hair will stay in place for about 2-3 weeks. It will then shed. After shedding, new growth will begin in 3-4 months; this is a normal and important part of the new hair growth process. After this time period, the hair will continue to grow normally and the results will look healthy and natural.
Benefits of NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant
Here are some of the benefits of using the NeoGraft hair restoration system, rather than older hair transplantation techniques:
- The NeoGraft FUE system offers superior, more natural-looking results, allowing hair to be worn short or long, making it the perfect hair growth solution for both men and women.
- The system is gentle. Patients experience little to no discomfort following the procedure. The plastic surgeon does not use a scalpel and there are no stitches, staples, and no scarring.
- NeoGraft uses the most advanced, automated, technology, creating the best and least invasive hair transplantation procedure.
- This FUE procedure is less invasive than older hair transplantation methods.
- Unlike older hair transplantation procedures, the NeoGraft FUE hair transplantation system offers minimal recovery time. Patients are typically able to return to work within a couple of days.
- The NeoGraft FUE system is highly effective, producing stable results with fewer activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Due to the tiny size of the injections, NeoGraft FUE hair restoration is safer than previous hair transplantation methods.
- With higher success rates (more transplanted hairs survive), a patient needs fewer visits to meet their goal.
- A NeoGraft FUE hair transplantation procedure is affordable and here at Ganchi Plastic Surgery we’re likely to have a program available to meet your exact needs.
- The transplanted hair taken from the sides and back of your head should continue to grow the rest of your life just like it would in the donor area.
Risks of NeoGraft FUE Hair Restoration
The risks connected with NeoGraft hair restoration are minimal. However, as with any medical procedure there are a few potential problems including:
- Temporary numbness in the treatment areas
- General soreness and discomfort as the scalp heals
- In a small number of extreme cases there may be infection or nerve damage.
As with any medical procedure, the most important decision you’ll make is your choice of plastic surgeon and technical staff. Dr. Ganchi and his team are highly trained and experienced in NeoGraft FUE technology and are eminently qualified to meet your hair restoration needs.